It’s that time of the new move where we finally realize we don’t need all this junk! What’s our motivation? Reclaiming the garage where it all accumulates into piles blocking the one thing that belongs in there, the car! I see it as the last stop before the “junk” goes on to live in someone’s new house or a thrift store. And for us, it’s the first real step to letting go!!
As I sit out here in the sweaty, sticky, dog day of summer, I had some revelations about garage sales. I call it wisdom, while others will probably laugh and call it stupidity. Here goes a fun Friday top 10:
10) Garage sales are the only antidote to hoarding.
9) The only time you really step towards letting your stuff go is when you finally put it on display in the garage with a price sticker.
8) Lemonade stands are to garage sales what flies are to food…always hanging around when the “stuff” finally comes out.
7) If you haven’t seen, touched, or thought about it in a year…put it in the Garage Sale!
6) Eventually everything ends up being reduced to 1/10 of its original value.
5) Put your junk out…make some bad signs…and they will come.
4) When in doubt say, “it’s a dollar.”
3) If you’re garage sale takes up the garage, driveway, and into the street; you’re long overdue!
2) When you say, ‘I’m having a garage sale,” expect at least 3 vicarious garage sellers. These are the closet garage sellers who wait for their friends to have one, so they don’t have to.
1) They say, “You can’t take it with you when you die,” and I say, “You will lug it around with you until you die…and probably store it in the Garage.”
So, there you have it. Some wisdom from the Garage sale trenches. Come on over and get some of my junk!
Breathe In & Smile Out,