Today marked day one of my 1,200 mile, 6 state, cross-country moving road trip. Lucky for me, I have amazing friends like Chad Smith who flew out to Colorado to drive one of the two 26′ Penske trucks back to Alabama with me. I should clarify that statement, he actually is driving it with a car-tow attached too. Now that’s a stand-up friend!!
So today was a long day. There were many miles and lots of thoughts along the way. Here is my top 5 list of things I learned from day one.
1) They say “you can’t take it all with you when you die!” I say, “well unfortunately, you have to take it all with you until you die!”
2) No matter how hard you push the accelerator to the floor, you can’t magically break the speed governor on the Penske truck.
3) Everything in Texas is big, including the boring plains.
4) Check the truck cab for moths! Flying bugs around my head can quickly make me freak out and almost run completely off the road.
5) At the end of the day, two 26′ trucks full of stuff is just that, stuff. Family and friends who are waiting for me in Alabama is what really matters. Everything else is perishable and replaceable.
Breathe In & Smile Out,